Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Signed up for Zipcar....

I've finally signed up for Zipcar. I was worried that the fact that I have not driven under a US license for 3 years would make sign-up more difficult, but it didn't.

Good article this month in the New York Times on Zipcar, the company and the service.



I should get the card in a few days, and then I'll check out the service. In actual fact I rarely need a car except for business trips (which almost invariably I fly to anyway). But, it will be nice to have the option of driving somewhere, especially in the summer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Mint, Cars -On Demand (www.drivemint.com is the same as Zipcar, but much cheaper. rates are $2.00 per hour including gas and insurance. Zipcar members joing for free!

Mark O'Neill said...

Thanks for the pointer. I have to say that many things about Mint are *very* similar to Zipcar...

I also checked out Connect by Hertz - they have cars all over Manhattan and also, bizarrely, in Kyrgyzstan according to their online map: http://www.connectbyhertz.com/locations.aspx